21 September, 2011

BELIEVE

I take my tired, coughing, machine-greased self to the keyboard to write my percolating rant after our raucous home opener with some strong opinions about the game, the team, and things related to the team.

These will be some “quick hitters” as this week is proving not to be conducive to an extended verbal effusing.

I believe, first and foremost, now more than last week, that Cam Newton is the REAL DEAL. I believe that he can only get better, and better. I also believe he will have a stinker or two. All the greats have them. But I definitely believe that this young man is the face of our franchise.

I believe that media mavens will take a look at the Nielsens, and schedule the Panthers for at least a pair of 4 o’clock games this season, if Cam Newton continues to perform, and I see no reason why he wouldn’t, barring injury. Perhaps we’ll even see a Sunday Night game. I CERTAINLY believe, without a doubt, that the Panthers go some prime time next season.

I believe that our home games will be as exciting as they were last week. I believe that the bandwagon fans will replace fans of the visiting team as the team continues to improve. I believe that we will once again develop a home field advantage. I believe that Panther fans had more fun last week than they had in ALL of last season, and that INCLUDES the two wins we eeeked out over the juggernauts Arid-zona and the Phoney-Niners.

I believe that the YAZ tour was one of the best invites we’ve had in a long time. I also believe that I’m a dangerous dude with a little bit more Panther Potion than is required. And I also believe that we should administer Panther Potion at every tailgate we can. I also believe that the PantherFanz tailgate IS the pre-game event, every home game. The testimony of the YAZ folks has proved that out. I was honoured to see the PantherFanz logo on top of the inflatable “beacon” on top of their immense RV last Sunday.

And I believe that I caught a punishing but fun buzz last Sunday.

I believe that we had control of the game against the Packers. I also believe that had Steve Smith NOT made that egregious fumble in the third quarter, the outcome of the game is different, and the media froths and foams over this team even more than they are now.

I believe that while bad, tossing a pair of picks to a certain future Hall of Famer Charles Woodson is not something to beat yourself up for. It’s like losing a lightsaber duel to Luke Skywalker.

I believe that we absolutely, positively, have to run the ball more than we have. Cam will be far more effective if our ground game produces more yards. More ground game yards? More wins. I do believe this.

I believe that Thomas Davis, sadly, has played his last down as a Carolina Panther.

I believe that Jon BEASTon WILL be back, and as good as ever.

I believe that the Panther defense will struggle all year, and be the ten-ton wheight chained around the offense.

Subesquently, I believe that NEXT season's draft will be largely defensive. Don't take a Cedar Street Seer to figger THAT out!

I believe that 0-2 for us in the way we got there is not necessarily bad. I also believe that the time for moral victories is past. I believe that NOW is the time for a few wins. And I believe we will get them. Starting this Sunday.

I believe that this conference realignment in the NCAA is bad. It’s about nothing but the money. IF the NCAA REALLY wanted to fill their pockets, they’d go to a playoff to decide the mythical national championship. I really, REALLY, REALLY, believe that.

I believe that I’ve improved in my prognostication in one short week. I believe that I’ll continue to call games correctly for the remainder of the season.

And,

I believe I’ll be back on Saturday for that weekly prognostication.

Gotta comment?
Email me, The Cedar Street Seer
CaptnTee@aol.com

No comments: